Epic OpTime OR & Anesthesiology Principal Trainer - Northeast
RoundTable is seeking an Epic OpTime OR & Anesthesiology Principal Trainer for a client located in MA. This role is permanent in nature and is with a healthcare facility that is going through an Epic Implementation and going live in Fall 2020.
Reporting to the Epic Training Manager, the Principal Trainer works with Application Coordinator/Analysts to develop and maintain the training environments and program for the roles in their application.
This position is required to successfully complete application specific curriculum training and environment builder training, and pass the necessary tests for certification. Epic certification training will take place at Epic Headquarters in Verona, WI.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops role-based training content, independently or with team members, using a variety of software programs, tools and applications;
• Collaborates with Epic Application Analysts, Super Users, and project teams on development of training program and system configuration;
• Designs, develops and maintains instructional materials;
• Maintains policy and procedure documentation;
• Incorporates feedback from others into existing training and training administration procedures;
• Obtains detailed understanding of workflows and system configuration, learns new content and consults with subject matter experts to develop training materials;
• Assists with building and testing of training environments; provides support and troubleshoots issues;
• Collaborates regularly with other Epic Principal Trainers by co-facilitating classroom instruction;
• Prepares training lessons, printing materials, and sets up the training room and environment prior to training sessions;
• Presents information verbally and in writing in a clear and easy-to-understand manner;
• Follows up with trainees outside of the classroom to offer additional support;
• Serves as an expert educator to internal staff;
• Trains and credentials additional classroom trainers as needed;
• Trains staff and end users by teaching technical topics as needed;
• Manages projects by prioritizing and creating and adhering to timelines;
• Performs and completes other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Epic OpTime Certification required;
• Skill and experience in adult education;
• Demonstrates flexibility with respect to required changes in training content and delivery methods;
• Ability to work without close supervision, taking ownership of work activities and ensuring training sessions and supporting materials meet Epic standards;
• Ability to see things in an open-minded way and examine an idea or concept from as many angles as possible;
• Ability and willingness to take ownership of work activities and ensure that they are completed accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner;
• Ability to learn new content and leverage knowledge to develop strong training programs;
• Cooperative and approachable, taking time to listen to and address others’ questions or concerns;
• Ability to develop and deliver formal presentations. This includes presenting information in a clear and interesting manner, commanding the audience’s attention, developing effective materials and handling questions or challenges from the audience;
• Ability to read text, identify major points, make inferences, and draw conclusions that accurately reflect the material;
• Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely to trainers and trainees when speaking and in writing. This includes targeting the amount, style and content of the information to the needs of the receiver;
• Willingness to put forth extra effort when required, including demonstrating persistence in the face of obstacles and adversity.