Epic Willow Application Analyst - MidAtlantic
RoundTable is seeking an Epic Willow Application Analyst for a client located on the east coast. This role is permanent in nature and would support a mid-size Health System’s Pharmacy Application (Epic Willow) and would modify relevant systems and components to solve complex problems while considering application capabilities, limitations, interoperability, cost-effectiveness and desired results.
The Epic Willow Application Analyst formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on user needs. The analyst has a good understanding of industry requirements and applicable clinical/business/infrastructure systems, including those that process confidential patient and quality improvement that is protected and confidential by federal and/or state law. Ultimately, the analyst will be successful for the ongoing maintenance and enhancement of this health system’s Pharmacy applications.
– The analyst devises or modifies systems to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity, capabilities, limitations, cost-effectiveness and desired results
– Provides analysis of clinical, business, and user needs, regulatory requirements, documentation requirements, and translation of those requirements into proper system requirement specifications suitable for the technical staff
– Leads information technology deployment and optimization efforts based on the organization’s clinical, infrastructure and business performance improvement objectives
– Provides clinical, technical and/or business subject matter expertise to translate data into information and actionable knowledge in the daily practice
– Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
– Minimum two (2) years working with pharmacy applications within a hospital/physician practice environment
– Demonstrated progressive experience with Pharmacy Information Systems
– Strong analytic and organizational skills, particularly in planning, communications, process redesign, and problem solving
– Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of users who have a varying level of computer expertise
– Relevant Epic Certification
– Experience with Pyxis, Omnicell or other Drug Dispensing solution
Our client is a mid-sized Health System that has recently implemented Epic and is in an exciting phase of optimization and secondary solution roll-outs. Organization benefits include comprehensive health insurance, life insurance options, disability coverage, retirement plans, FSAs, Tuition Reimbursement and more. As they continue to grow and expand, there will be opportunities for growth within IT and the ability to move between teams as agreed upon by employee and leadership.
The role itself offers the opportunity to have a strategic and collaborative impact on Pharmacy operations and technology. Working on a smaller Analyst team, this person will have the ability to work closely with the department that they support while truly guiding and aiding in important design decisions.