Cerner Applications Analyst & Team Lead - MidAtlantic
RoundTable is seeking a Cerner Applications Analyst & Team Lead for a client located on the east coast. This role is permanent in nature and would serve as the subject matter expert for Cerner Ancillaries Orders and Documentation. This person would help to lead and support IS project efforts for Ancillary Orders and Documentation that include: Rehab, Therapies, Nutrition, Behavioral Health, Case Management, Cardiology and/or Patient Education.
The Cerner Applications Analyst & Team Lead will have responsibility for providing oversight for the design, build, maintenance, support, expansion, and optimization for physician workflows and solutions in the ambulatory and inpatient venues. Additional responsibilities include: requirements gathering, analysis, and documentation; system testing, troubleshooting, and upgrades; coaching customers and IS colleagues on system design, direction, and strategy.
This person will oversee direct reports and have a focus on Ancillary areas that include: Rehab, Therapies, Nutrition, Behavioral Health, Case Management, Cardiology and/or Patient Education.
– Allocates and manages work assignments to application support staff members
– As appropriate for enterprise application(s), performs duties required to back up and/or monitor application assets to ensure continuity in service
– Oversees and maintains application teams that support Ancillary Cerner Orders build, documentation for PowerForms and iView, ESH, CCL, and Rules
– Responsible for ongoing improvement/enhancement of application asset monitoring
– As appropriate for enterprise applications, monitors and tests the ongoing production performance to assure appropriate operations in terms of response time and storage capacity
– Monitors new release features and their relevance to the IDN and determines if or when to upgrade. Makes recommendations to clients for operational improvements
– Proactively identifies the need to upgrade the supporting infrastructure
– Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards
– Coordinates and mentors associates in the design and development of user and application support documentation to facilitate optimal use of applications
– Ensures that appropriate updates to support documentation are in designated documentation repositories
– Designs, coordinates and conducts the testing of software updates/fixes and routine maintenance
– 8 years technical experience in a healthcare or business environment preferred (Cerner)
– Experience with Cerner Orders build, documentation for PowerForms and iView, ESH, CCL, and Rules
– Expert experience in building Cerner Patient orders, Order catalog configuration, and order entry formats
– Experience in systems analysis/programming, customer service, vendor information, information systems, and project management
– Strong analytical ability to solve complex technical problems
– Competent in microcomputing including desktop applications, project management, and communication and emulation applications
– Strong interpersonal communication skills to effectively interface with internal/external customers
– Understanding of information systems and their impact to customers
This client is a large Integrated Delivery Network that is not-for-profit and comprised of ten hospitals along with hundreds of ambulatory clinics. This opportunity offers the chance to have all the benefits of working for a metropolitan hospital in a suburban setting as the client covers both major cities and residential communities.
The role itself is perfect for a Senior Cerner Analyst looking for the opportunity to manage a team while still utilizing their design and build knowledge. Often remarked as a fast-paced environment, the Cerner Applications Analyst & Team Lead will have the chance to be challenged while having an immediate impact in the community in which they live.